I come from a family of 5 - I’m the baby sister of two older brothers.
I attended Mill Park Heights Primary School and finished up my schooling at Mill Park Secondary. This was a successful time for me in my life - it was one of my goals in life that I wanted to achieve - schooling wasn’t my favourite thing to do. I completed year 12 in 2009, also accepting the Mill Park Secondary Sports Award.
I studied my diploma in sport with SEDA which is also where I completed my cert 3 & 4 in fitness I first took on gym work at Contours in Epping. I now work as a PT / Fitness Instructor at the YMCA, I have currently been working for the company for 2 years. I also have a passion for working with children of all needs; I work on school holiday programs both with main stream children and special needs along with working after school care, and also work on reception a couple of days a week.
What is your definition of success?
My definition of success is setting yourself a goal and working towards achieving it whether its big or small it can be anything that’s going to make you a happy person or more successful in your life.
What do you think has enabled you to achieve success with the health and fitness industry?
I believe my success has come from growing up as a tom boy with two older brothers, also loving playing sport weather it was until the street lights turned on in the court or for a team or club. This would be a reason why I’m involved in the fitness industry.
What are 5 top tips you’d give the average person wanting to improve business performance?
- Set yourself the goal first
- Be organised
- Make it a life style change, rather than a time for just now
- Never give up on what you want
- Set yourself a time frame
After a great result, how do you celebrate?
I would spend time with either my family or friends on a night out for a dance or a dinner.
What’s the most satisfying thing you’ve ever done and why?
One of the most satisfying things I have done was to jump out of a plane, because I always wanted to do it but I definitely had to build up the courage to do so.
What do you do outside of work to relax and wind down?
I catch up with my friends or family, spend time visiting my nanna to talk about all the Goss, I play indoor soccer on a Thursday night.
Now’s the time for what we call the turbo 10. Ten quick questions...
- What is your favourite song? World’s Greatest
- Favourite athlete? Nathan Buckley
- Movie? Sister act
- Food? Lollies
- Holiday destination? I want to travel the world
- Most recent read book? The secret
- What really annoys you? People chewing with their mouth open or blowing bubble with chewy
- If you could do anything you wanted; what would it be? Participate in the amazing race
- The one thing you’d change in the world right now? Inequality in the world
- Where would like your life to be in 5 years? I would like to start my own family, and working in something I love doing.