Friday 13 December 2013

Interview: Pausha Mosley - Personal Trainer at Mill Park Leisure

Born the 29th of March 1991 I was born 3months premature, I was the average size of a male’s hand. 
 
I come from a family of 5 - I’m the baby sister of two older brothers.
 
I attended Mill Park Heights Primary School and finished up my schooling at Mill Park Secondary. This was a successful time for me in my life - it was one of my goals in life that I wanted to achieve - schooling wasn’t my favourite thing to do. I completed year 12 in 2009, also accepting the Mill Park Secondary Sports Award. 
 
What do you do?
 
I studied my diploma in sport with SEDA which is also where I completed my cert 3 & 4 in fitness I first took on gym work at Contours in Epping. I now work as a PT / Fitness Instructor at the YMCA, I have currently been working for the company for 2 years. I also have a passion for working with children of all needs; I work on school holiday programs both with main stream children and special needs along with working after school care, and also work on reception a couple of days a week.
 
What is your definition of success?

My definition of success is setting yourself a goal and working towards achieving it whether its big or small it can be anything that’s going to make you a happy person or more successful in your life.
 
What do you think has enabled you to achieve success with the health and fitness industry?
 
I believe my success has come from growing up as a tom boy with two older brothers, also loving playing sport weather it was until the street lights turned on in the court or for a team or club. This would be a reason why I’m involved in the fitness industry.
 

What are 5 top tips you’d give the average person wanting to improve business performance?
  • Set yourself the goal first
  • Be organised
  • Make it a life style change, rather than a time for just now
  • Never give up on what you want
  • Set yourself a time frame

After a great result, how do you celebrate?

I would spend time with either my family or friends on a night out for a dance or a dinner.

What’s the most satisfying thing you’ve ever done and why?
 
One of the most satisfying things I have done was to jump out of a plane, because I always wanted to do it but I definitely had to build up the courage to do so.

What do you do outside of work to relax and wind down?

I catch up with my friends or family, spend time visiting my nanna to talk about all the Goss, I play indoor soccer on a Thursday night.

Now’s the time for what we call the turbo 10. Ten quick questions...
  • What is your favourite song? World’s Greatest
  • Favourite athlete? Nathan Buckley
  • Movie? Sister act
  • Food? Lollies
  • Holiday destination? I want to travel the world
  • Most recent read book? The secret
  • What really annoys you? People chewing with their mouth open or blowing bubble with chewy
  • If you could do anything you wanted; what would it be? Participate in the amazing race
  • The one thing you’d change in the world right now? Inequality in the world
  • Where would like your life to be in 5 years? I would like to start my own family, and working in something I love doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment